Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Tube thoracostomy: a review for the interventional radiologist.Semin Intervent Radiol. 2011; 28: 39-47
- Decreased mortality after prehospital interventions in severely injured trauma patients.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015; 79: 227-231
- Prehospital chest tube thoracostomy: effective treatment or additional trauma?.J Trauma. 2005; 59: 96-101
- Analysis of the dispatch of physician staffed-helicopters in the COVID-19 pandemic.Am J Emerg Med. 2022; 54: 306-308
- Management of mass casualties using doctor helicopters and doctor cars.Air Med J. 2017; 36: 203-207
- Complications associated with pre-hospital open thoracostomies: a rapid review.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2021; 29: 166
- Safety and efficacy of thoracostomy in the air medical environment.Air Med J. 2016; 35: 227-230
- Failure rate of prehospital chest decompression after severe thoracic trauma.Am J Emerg Med. 2017; 35: 469-474
- Prehospital thoracostomy in patients with traumatic circulatory arrest: results from a physician-staffed helicopter emergency medical service.Eur J Emerg Med. 2017; 24: 96-100
- Simple thoracostomy in prehospital trauma management is safe and effective: a 2-year experience by helicopter emergency medical crews.Eur J Emerg Med. 2006; 13: 276-280
- Chest tube decompression of blunt chest injuries by physicians in the field: effectiveness and complications.J Trauma. 1998; 44: 98-101
- A comparison study of chest tube thoracostomy: air medical crew and in-hospital trauma service.Air Med J. 1993; 12: 227-229
- Pre-hospital and in-hospital thoracostomy: indications and complications.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2008; 90: 54-57
- A comparison of physician-staffed helicopters and ground ambulances transport for the outcome of severe thoracic trauma patients.Am J Emerg Med. 2021; 45: 358-360
- Prognostic factors in trauma patients transported by physician-staffed helicopter in Japan: an investigation based on the Japan Trauma Data Bank.Air Med J. 2020; 39: 494-497
- Failure rate of prehospital needle decompression for tension pneumothorax in trauma patients.Am Surg. 2018; 84: 1750-1755
- Needle thoracotomy in the prehospital setting: a retrospective observational study.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2016; 20: 399-403
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Supported in part by a Grant-in-Aid for Special Research in Subsidies for ordinary expenses of private schools from The Promotion and Mutual Aid Corporation for Private Schools of Japan.