Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Echocardiography performed by emergency physicians: impact on diagnosis and therapy.Ann Emerg Med. 1988; 17: 150-154
- Emergency department echocardiography improves outcome in penetrating cardiac injury.Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21: 709-712
- American College of Emergency Physicians. Policy statement: emergency ultrasound guidelines.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 53: 550-570
- Prehospital evaluation of effusion, pneumothorax, and standstill (PEEPS): point-of-care ultrasound in emergency medical services.West J Emerg Med. 2015; 16: 503
- Prehospital ultrasound imaging improves management of abdominal trauma.Br J Surg. 2006; 93: 238-242
- A pilot study examining the viability of a prehospital assessment with ultrasound for emergencies (PAUSE) protocol.J Emerg Med. 2013; 44: 142-149
- Feasibility of bedside thoracic ultrasound in the helicopter emergency medical services setting.Air Med J. 2013; 32: 153-157
- Prehospital emergency ultrasound: a review of current clinical applications, challenges, and future implications.Emerg Med Int. 2013; 2013531647
- Hemopneumothorax missed by auscultation in penetrating chest injury.J Trauma. 1997; 42: 86-89
- The occult pneumothorax: what have we learned?.Can J Surg. 2009; 52: E173
- The impact of trauma systems on patient outcomes.Curr Probl Surg. 2021; 58100849
- Reducing time-to-treatment decreases mortality of trauma patients with acute subdural hematoma.Ann Surg. 2011; 253: 1178-1183
- Every minute counts: time to delivery of initial massive transfusion cooler and its impact on mortality.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017; 83: 19-24
- Mausner& Bahn Epidemiology: An Introductory Text.Saunders, 1985
- Measures of diagnostic accuracy: basic definitions.EJIFCC. 2009; 19: 203
- Performance of abdominal ultrasonography in pediatric blunt trauma patients: a meta-analysis.J Pediatr Surg. 2007; 42: 1588-1594
- The value of traditional vital signs, shock index, and age-based markers in predicting trauma mortality.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013; 74: 1432-1437
- Mechanism of injury and special considerations as predictive of serious injury: a systematic review.Acad Emerg Med. 2022; 29: 1106-1117
- Helicopter emergency medical services performed extended focused assessment with sonography: training, workflow, and sustainable quality.Air Med J. 2022; 41: 209-216
- Association of intra-arrest transport vs continued on-scene resuscitation with survival to hospital discharge among patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.JAMA. 2020; 324: 1058-1067
- The influence of prehospital time on trauma patients outcome: a systematic review.Injury. 2015; 46: 602-609
- Does prehospital time influence clinical outcomes in severe trauma patients?: a cross sectional study.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2017; 21: 466-475
- Longer prehospital time was not associated with mortality in major trauma: a retrospective cohort study.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2019; 23: 527-537
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
The authors would like to thank all emergency medical service personnel for their dedication to continued training, quality improvement, and improving patient care.
This project was funded by 2 grants from the Northern Arizona Healthcare Research Department to provide funding for paramedic training and salary for physician oversight. All ultrasound machines were provided in partnership with Phillips. Other than providing the ultrasound machines, Phillips did not take part in study design, data collection, data interpretation or any other part of the project.