Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Impact of controlled pericardial drainage on critical cardiac tamponade with acute type A aortic dissection.Circulation. 2012; 126: S97-S101
- Predicting death in patients with acute type A aortic dissection.Circulation. 2002; 105: 200-206
- Characteristics and in-hospital outcomes of patients with cardiac tamponade complicating type A acute aortic dissection.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 103: 1029-1031
- Cardiac tamponade due to aortic dissection: clinical picture and treatment with focus on pericardiocentesis.E-Journal Cardiol Pract. 2017; 15: 18
- Ultrasound guidelines: emergency, point-of-care and clinical ultrasound guidelines in medicine.Ann Emerg Med. 2017; 69: e27-e54
- Prehospital ultrasound diagnosis of traumatic pericardial effusion.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: 364
- Five-year retrospective review of physician and non-physician performed ultrasound in a Canadian critical care helicopter emergency medical service.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2017; 21: 24-31
- Management of acute aortic dissection and thoracic aortic rupture.J Intensive Care. 2018; 6: 15
- Insights from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection: a 20-year experience of collaborative clinical research.Circulation. 2018; 137: 1846-1860
- The International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD): new insights into an old disease.JAMA. 2000; 283: 897-903
- Long-term survival in patients presenting with type A acute aortic dissection: insights from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD).Circulation. 2006; 114: I350-I356
- 2010 ACCF/AHA/AATS/ACR/ASA/SCA/SCAI/SIR/STS/SVM guidelines for the diagnosis and management of patients with Thoracic Aortic Disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American College of Radiology, American Stroke Association, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society of Interventional Radiology, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, and Society for Vascular Medicine [published correction appears in Circulation. 2010;122:e410].Circulation. 2010; 121: e266-e369
- Electrocardiographic changes in patients with type A acute aortic dissection. Incidence, patterns and underlying mechanisms in 159 cases.J Cardiol. 2010; 56: 147-153
- 2015 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of pericardial diseases: the Task Force for the Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)Endorsed by: the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS).Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 2921-2964
- What echocardiographic findings suggest a pericardial effusion is causing tamponade?.Am J Emerg Med. 2019; 37: 321-326
- Correlation between clinical and Doppler echocardiographic findings in patients with moderate and large pericardial effusion: implications for the diagnosis of cardiac tamponade.Am Heart J. 1999; 138: 759-764
- Inferior vena cava plethora with blunted respiratory response: a sensitive echocardiographic sign of cardiac tamponade.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1988; 12: 1470-1477
Scope of practice approved by State Board of Emergency Medical, Fire and Transportation Services and the Ohio Department of Public Safety, Division of EMS. Updated January 1, 2021. https://www.ems.ohio.gov/links/ems_scope_practice.pdf. Accessed September 15, 2021.
2018 National EMS Scope of Practice Model. September 2018. Available at:https://nasemso.org/wp-content/uploads/Prepublication-Display-Copy-2018-National-EMS-Scope-of-Practice-Model-20180929.pdf. Accessed September 15, 2021.
- The role of point of care ultrasound in prehospital critical care: a systematic review.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2018; 26: 51
- Prehospital ultrasound in the management of trauma patients: Systematic review of the literature.Injury. 2019; 50: 2167-2175
- Focused cardiac ultrasound training: how much is enough?.J Emerg Med. 2013; 44: 818-822
- Does physician experience influence the interpretability of focused echocardiography images performed by a pocket device?.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2015; 23: 52
- Learning curves in emergency ultrasound education.Acad Emerg Med. 2015; 22: 574-582