Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comparison of critically ill and injured children transferred from referring hospitals versus in-house admissions.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: e906-e911
- Chapter 2: transport program administration.Guidelines for Air and GroundTransport of Neonatal and Pediatric Patients. 4th ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, Media, PA2016
Whyte HEA, Jefferies AL. The interfacility transport of critically ill newborns. February 28, 2018. Available at: https://www.cps.ca/en/documents/position/interfacility-transport-of-critically-ill-newborns. Accessed November 10, 2019.
- Pediatric specialized transport teams are associated with improved outcomes.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 40-48
- Effect of specialist retrieval teams on outcomes in children admitted to paediatric intensive care units in England and Wales: a retrospective cohort study.Lancet. 2010; 376: 698-704
- Transport-related adverse events in critically-ill children: the role of a dedicated transport team.Indian Pediatr. 2017; 54: 942-945
- Missed opportunities during pediatric residency training: report of a 10-year follow-up survey in critical care transport medicine.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2012; 28: 1-5
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Objectives of training in pediatrics. 2008. http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/documents/ibd/pediatrics_otr_e.pdf. Accessed November 10, 2019.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Objectives of training in the subspecialty of pediatric emergency medicine. 2013. Available at: https://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/documents/ibd/pediatric-emergency-medicine-otr-e.pdf. Accessed November 10, 2019.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Objectives of training in the subspecialty of pediatric critical care medicine. 2014. https://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/documents/ibd/critical_care_pediatric_otr_e.pdf/pediatrics_otr_e.pdf. Accessed November 10, 2019.
- Education of pediatric subspecialty fellows in transport medicine: a national survey.BMC Pediatr. 2017; 17: 13
- Decision-making in pediatric transport team dispatch using script concordance testing.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2017; 18: e530-e535
- Transport medical control education for pediatric critical care fellows: a national needs assessment study.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2022; 23: e55-e59
- Safe interfacility transport of pediatric patients: medical control training, an interdisciplinary approach.Air Med J. 2018; 37: 120-123
- Curriculum Development for Medical Education: A Six-Step Approach.3rd ed. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD2016
- Response rates and responsiveness for surveys, standards, and the journal.Am J Pharm Educ. 2008; 72: 43
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Access to copyright-protected CBD documents. 2021. https://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/documents/cbd/epa-observation-templates-e. Accessed July 22, 2021.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. CanMEDS Framework. 2015. http://canmeds.royalcollege.ca/en/framework. Accessed November 2, 2019.
- The retrospective pre–post: a practical method to evaluate learning from an educational program.Acad Emerg Med. 2012; 19: 189-194
- Validity and its threats.Assessment in Health Professions Education. Routledge, London, UK2009: 21-55
- A patient safety approach to setting pass/fail standards for basic procedural skills checklists.Simul Healthc. 2014; 9: 277-282
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Format of the comprehensive objective examination. 2021. https://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/documents/ibd/pediatrics_examformat_e. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- A review of the one-minute paper.Act Learn High Educ. 2005; 6: 118-131
- Interrater reliability: the kappa statistic.Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2012; 22: 276-282
- Development and implementation of a standardized education curriculum for pediatric transport.Pediatrics. 2018; 142 (487-487)
- Effects of high-fidelity simulation education on medical students’ anxiety and confidence.PLoS One. 2021; 16e0251078
- A simulation-based program to train medical residents to lead and perform advanced cardiovascular life support.Hosp Pract (1995). 2011; 39: 63-69
- Unifying interdisciplinary education: designing and implementing an intern simulation educational curriculum to increase confidence in critical care from PGY1 to PGY2.BMC Res Notes. 2017; 10: 563
- Relationship between level of CPR training, self-reported skills, and actual manikin test performance—an observational study.Int J Emerg Med. 2019; 12: 2
- Pediatric intensive care simulation course: a new paradigm in teaching.J Grad Med Educ. 2011; 3: 81-87
- Designing and conducting simulation-based research.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: 1091-1101
- The utility of high-fidelity simulation for training critical care fellows in the management of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation emergencies: a randomized controlled trial.Crit Care Med. 2017; 45: 1367-1373
- Long-term retention assessment after simulation-based-training of pediatric procedural skills among adult emergency physicians: a multicenter observational study.BMC Med Educ. 2019; 19: 348
- Assessment of long-term knowledge retention following single-day simulation training for uncommon but critical obstetrical events.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012; 25: 1640-1645
- Comparison of traditional versus high-fidelity simulation in the retention of ACLS knowledge.Resuscitation. 2011; 82: 1440-1443
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
This research was completed as part of the capstone requirements of the Master of Education in the Health Professions degree at Johns Hopkins University. The authors thank all the faculty members for their invaluable guidance and the pediatric emergency medicine and pediatric critical care medicine fellows from the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Sainte-Justine for having participated in the curriculum and for their contribution to its continuous improvement.