- •Critical care transport nurses require specialized training.
- •Routine simulation resulted in increased nursing knowledge and skills.
- •There is improved nursing self-efficacy and satisfaction with stimulation.
- •Knowledge assessments are possible through tests and checklists.
- •Structured, educational debriefings are important with simulations
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Problems in interhospital pediatric intensive care transport in The Netherlands: results from a survey of general pediatricians.Intensive Care Med. 2003; 29: 1555-1559
- Worries and concerns experienced by nurse specialists during inter-hospital transports of critically ill patients: a critical incident study.Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2010; 26: 138-145
- Interhospital transport of pediatric patients in denmark: a survey of current practice.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2020; 36: 389-392
- Interhospital transport of the neonatal patient.Clin Pediatr Emerg Med. 2016; 17: 140-146
- Non-technical skills evaluation in the critical care air ambulance environment: introduction of an adapted rating instrument–an observational study.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016; 24: 24
- Care intensity during transport to the critical care resuscitation unit: transport clinician's role.Air Med J. 2020; 39: 473-478
- High-fidelity simulation for transport team training and competency evaluation.Newborn Infant Nurs Rev. 2009; 9: 200-206
- Interhospital transport of critically ill patients: experiences and challenges, a qualitative study.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2019; 27: 27
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 372: n71
- Pediatric specialized transport teams are associated with improved outcomes.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 40-48
- Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice: Model and Guidelines.3rd ed. Sigma Theta Tau International, Indianapolis, IN2017
- Retention curves for pediatric and neonatal intubation skills after simulation-based training.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2016; 32: 71-76
- A quality improvement project using high-fidelity simulation training to improve clinical knowledge among critical care transport nurses.Clin Simul Nurs. 2018; 14: 54-60
- Airway management: a structured curriculum for critical care transport providers.Air Med J. 2016; 35: 138-142
- Standard instruction versus simulation: educating registered nurses in the early recognition of patient deterioration in paediatric critical care.Nurse Educ Today. 2016; 36: 287-292
- Human patient simulation education in the nursing management of patients requiring mechanical ventilation: a randomized, controlled trial.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 271-276
- Effectiveness of simulation training and assessment of picu nurses' resuscitation skills: a mixed methods study from the Netherlands.J Pediatr Nurs. 2021; 59: e52-e60
- Effectiveness of 2 methods to teach and evaluate new content to neonatal transport personnel using high-fidelity simulation.J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2008; 22: 319-328
- Mixed-reality simulation for a pediatric transport team: a pilot study.Air Med J. 2020; 39: 173-177