Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Responses to hyperthermia: optimizing heat dissipation by convection and evaporation: neural control of skin blood flow and sweating in humans.Auton Neurosci. 2016; 196: 25-36
- Pediatric thermoregulation: considerations in the fact of global climate change.Nutrients. 2019; 11: 2010
Notley SR, Akerman AP, Meade RD, et al. Exercise thermoregulation in prepubertal children: a brief methodological review. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2020;52:2412–2422
- Heat-related illness in children in an era of extreme temperatures.Pediatr Rev. 2019; 40: 97-106
- Hemostasis and thrombosis in extreme temperatures (hypo- and hyperthermia).Semin Thromb Hemost. 2018; 44: 651-655
- The EKG in hypothermia and hyperthermia.J Electrocardiol. 2015; 48: 203-209
- Hyperthermia.N Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 483-487
- The neurological and cognitive consequences of hyperthermia.Crit Care. 2016; 20: 199
- Cerebral pathophysiology and clinical neurology of hyperthermia in humans.Prog Brain Res. 2007; 162: 153-169
- The pathophysiological basis and consequences of fever.Crit Care. 2016; 20: 200
United States Department of Transportation. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Not in-traffic surveillance: non-crash fatalities and injuries. Available at: http://noheatstroke.org. Accessed July 1, 2020.
- Hyperthermia deaths among children in parked vehicles: an analysis of 231 fatalities in the United States, 1997-2007.Forensic Sci Med Pathol. 2010; 6: 99-105
- “Streets on Fire” revisited: contact burns.Burns Trauma. 2019; 7: 32
- Body temperature change and outcomes in patients undergoing long-distance air medical transport.Am J Emerg Med. 2019; 37: 89-932
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. National Centers for Environmental Information. Climate Data Online. Available at: https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web. Accessed July 20, 2020.
- Deaths attributed to heat, cold, and other weather events in the United States, 2006-2010.Natl Health Stat Report. 2014; 30: 1-16
- Thermoregulatory responses of pre-, mid-, and late-pubertal boys to exercise in dry heat.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1992; 24: 688-694
- Thermal responses to exercise in children.Ergonomics. 1981; 24: 55-61
- Mechanisms of underdeveloped sweating responses in prepubertal boys.Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1997; 76: 340-345
- Comparison of thermoregulatory responses to exercise in dry heat among prepubertal boys, young adults and older males.Exp Physiol. 2004; 89: 691-700
- Responses of lean and obese boys to repeated summer exercise in the heat bouts.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009; 41: 279-289
- Quality metrics in neonatal and pediatric critical care transport: a consensus statement.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2013; 14: 518-524
- Pediatric and neonatal interfacility transport: results from a national consensus conference.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 359-366
- Improving thermal support in very and extremely low birth weight infants during interfacility transport.Pediatr Qual Saf. 2019; 4: e170