Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cross-cultural barriers to effective communication in aviation.in: Granrose CS Oskamp S Cross-cultural workgroups. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA1997: 134-162
- Fatal miscommunication: English in aviation safety.World Englishes. 2004; 23: 451-470
- Sentinel event statistics. 2011 statistics on sentinel events including root causes.Accessed January 23, 2012.)
- National Academy Press, Washington, DC2000: 287 Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. To err is human: building a safer health system.
- Epidemiology of adverse events in air medical transport.Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15: 923-931
- Grounding in communication.in: Resnick L Levine R Teasley S Perspectives on socially shared cognition. APA Press, Washington, DC1991: 127-149
- Cambridge University Press, New York1996: 146-154 Using language.
- The mathematical theory of communication. 1963.MD Comput. 1997; 14: 306-317
- Merrill, Columbus, OH1978: 147-157 Information theory. Theories of human communication.
- Toward a taxonomy of communication errors. Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA2003
- Activity types and language.in: Drew P Heritage J Talk at work: Interaction in institutional settings. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK1992: 66-100
- Measuring nominal scale agreement among many raters.Psychol Bull. 1971; 76: 378-382
NTSB. DEN08MA116B. 2009 Accident report for Nonscheduled 14 CFR Part 135: Air Taxi & Commuter. http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/brief.aspx?ev_id520080715X01051&key52. Accessed January 23, 2012.
- Does wearing a surgical facemask or N95-respirator impair radio communication?.Air Med J. 2011; 30: 97-102
- A translation approach to portable ontologies.Knowledge Acquisition. 1993; 5: 199-220
- Inductive design and testing of a performance ontology for mobile emergency medical services.in: Sharman R Kishore R Ramesh R Ontology handbook. Springer, Heidelberg2007: 823-839