Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The effectiveness and safety of drug treatment for urgent sedation in psychiatric emergencies. A critical appraisal of the literature.NZHTA Report. 2001; 4
- Patient restraint in emergency medical services systems.PreHosp Emerg Care. 2002; 6: 340-345
Department fo Human Services Mental Health Services and Programs. A new millennium, a new beginning: mental health in South Australia emergency transport of mental health consumers from country locations: policy and procedure series 2002-2005. EDM P7-02. December 2002.
National Mental Health Working Group. National safety priorities in mental health: a national plan for reducing harm, Health Priorities and Suicide Prevention Branch, Department of Health and Ageing, Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra. October 2005.
- Criteria for sedation of psychiatric patients for air transport in British Columbia.British Columbia Med J. 2009; 51: 346-349
- Airline passenger misconduct: management implications for physicians.Aviat Space Environ Med. 2007; 78: 361-367
- Acute psychopharmacological management of the aggressive psychotic patient.Psychiatric Services. 1999; 50: 1135-1137
Western Australian Therapeutics Advisory Group. Sedation of acutely agitated adult patients prior to transportation: a guide for medical practitioners. Version 1. January 2006.
- Managing the acute psychotic episode.BMJ. 2007; 334: 686-692
- The acutely psychotic patient: Assessment and initial management.Aust Fam Physician. 2006; 35: 90-94
- Prehospital management of the psychotic and aggressive patient with bipolar disease.Accessed April 2011.)
- Hospital outcomes and disposition of trauma patients who are intubated because of combativeness.J Trauma. 2010; 68: 1305-1309
- Safety and effectiveness of high-dose midazolam for severe behavioural disturbance in an emergency department with suspected psychostimulant-affected patients.Emerg Med Aust. 2008; 20: 112-120
- Thiopentone sedation for sedation of acutely agitated, violent, intoxicated patients: Evaluation of 2 cases.Int J Emerg Med. 2009; 2: 47-49
- The combative multi-trauma patient: a protocol for prehospital management.Euro J Emerg Med. 2007; 14: 265
- Ketamine for prehospital use: new look at an old drug.Am J Emerg Med. 2007; 25: 977-980
- Intramuscular ketamine for the rapid tranquilization of the uncontrollable, violent, and dangerous adult patient.J Trauma. 2001; 51: 1008-1010
- Propofol sedation of refractory delirious mania.Psychosomatics. 1997; 38: 288-290
- Propofol for severe, refractory mania: a case report.J Clin Psychiatry. 2006; 67: 165-166
- Procedural sedation.Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2010; 26: 421-424
- Endoscopist-directed administration of propofol: a worldwide safety experience.Gastroenterology. 2009; 137: 1229-1237
- Safety and clinical effectiveness of midazolam versus propofol for procedural sedation in the emergency department: a systematic review.Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15: 1-8
- Propofol: therapeutic indications and side-effects.Curr Pharmaceutical Design. 2004; 10: 3639-3649
- Paradoxical reactions to benzodiazepines: literature review and treatment options.Pharmacotherapy. 2004; 24: 1177-1185