Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Federal Aviation Administration. Passengers & Cargo: Unruly Passengers.Accessed June 18, 2007.)
- Aviation Accident Statistics.Accessed June 18, 2007.)
“Body of man who jumped from helicopter found in Grand Canyon” Associated Press. June 11, 2004.
- “Patient jumps out of medical helicopter”.Available at http://www.flightweb.com/article.php/20041003133928334(Accessed June 18, 2007.)Date: September 27, 2004
- “Combative Inmate forces medical helicopter to land” listed April 21, 2007.Accessed June 18, 2007.)
- Total autoemasculation: report of three cases.JAMA. 1953; 151: 354-357
- Command hallucinations and self-amputation of the penis and hand during a first psychotic break.J Clin Psychiatry. 1981; 42: 322-324
- Genital self-amputation and the Klingsor syndrome.Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 1990; 24: 566-569
- Failed suicide or successful male genital self-amputation?.Am J Psychiatry. 1993; 150: 350-351
- Autocastration as a presenting sign of incipient schizophrenia.Psychiatric Services. 2001; 52: 685-686
- Genital self-mutilation: report of 3 cases.Prog Urol. 2004; 14: 540-543
- Genital self-mutilation.Int J Urol. 2006; 13: 1358-1360
- Traumatic luxation of the testis due to self-mutilation: a case report.Jpn J Urol. 2006; 97: 57-59
- Penile fracture and trauma. eMedicine 2006.
- Schizophrenia. eMedicine.Accessed June 19, 2007.)
- Aggression. eMedicine.Accessed June 19, 2007.)
A 20-year-old male patient, in an apparent psychotic break, amputated his testicles and minutes later removed his penis. The responding ground EMS requested the helicopter with the intention of reducing the field-to-operating room time for replantation of the severed part and for consideration of infusion of blood products known to be carried by the flight program.